Tuesday 8 November 2016

I'm with Her...and her

Vital message from American royalty - short but to the point. Not that any of RuPaul's fans should need encouraging. Nor, I imagine, will any American readers need telling...



Over here, nothing exemplifies our own sorry state of affairs than this shrewd comparison (in case anyone's been Rip Van Winkling, the judges ruled that Parliament must be consulted before the Conservatives trigger Article 50 to leave the European Union). You are encouraged to tear up complimentary copies of the Daily Mail on British Airways flights.

6 comments:

Susan Scheid said...

Don't f**k it up is right; knocking all available wood. Will be glad to tear up any copies of the Daily Mail should I run across them. Media both sides of the pond (with, over here, a very few sterling exceptions) has a lot to answer for.

David said...

Good luck with the long watch. I was heading to the ideal place to see results come in, but had the boneache last night - a mildish dose of real flu, it seems - and not in any fit state after a rather hard-going evening of Handel's Oreste. May waking up tomorrow morning be a happier experience than it was after our own referendum.

David said...

In real time - J is on his way back home, worried that he might have a heart attack simply seeing the huge lead for Trump albeit in predictable areas...

David said...

Update: D Damant tells me 'boneache' means 'painful erection' in certain circles, but I've not heard that and I think I made it clear I wasn't suffering from that. With hindsight, may I have been in unconscious, Cassandra-like sympathetic accord with the Zeitgeist?

David Damant said...

Who elected the judges? Well, who elected the Daily Mail, the Daily Express, the Telegraph? And who elected their owners?

David said...

Quite.